Download link: Sony FX30 Firmware Version 1.02
Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes an issue where the camera may not operate properly after installing the System Software Update to Version 1.01. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- This update also includes the following benefits from the Version 1.01 update:
- Fixes an issue where a movie file rotated in the camera may not be rotated on the computer
- Fixes an issue where the touch operations do not work in the Imaging Edge Mobile apps when the DISP (Screen Disp) Set option is set to No Disp. Info
- Improves the operational stability of the camera
Note: Refer to the Help Guide for details on all updated functions.
Updating the System Software Version
- Use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack (NP-FZ100).
- Do not remove the battery during the update as the sudden loss of power may render the camera inoperable.
- It may not be possible to update if the camera temperature is high. Please go after the temperature drops.
Step 1: How to download the Updater
- Insert the memory card on which the system software data was saved, into slot 1 of the unit.
Note: Only slot 1 recognizes the system software data.
- Select Menu → Setup → Setup Option → Version and select Software Update.
- Select Execute on the system software update confirmation screen and the update starts.
- A Version Update X.XX → Y.YY message appears (X.XX = the existing version number, Y.YY = the latest version number).
- Do not remove the battery and the memory card during the update.
- When the system software update starts, a black screen is displayed and the access lamp flashes. The access lamp flashes 1 time → 3 times → 5 times depending on the progress of the update. The update will take approximately 6 minutes to complete.
- If the system software data copy is incorrect, The target model for the update file is incorrect. will be displayed on the monitor of the camera.
- If the access lamp repeats 5 long blinks (0.5s cycle) and 6 short blinks (0.25s cycle), the system software may not have been copied correctly to the memory card. In this case, remove the battery and memory card from the camera, and start over at Saving system software data to a memory card.
- When the update is completed, the camera will automatically restart.
Step 2: Confirm the system software version of your device
- On the camera, select Menu → Setup → Setup Option → Version.
- The system software version is displayed.
Read more: Best Memory Cards for Sony FX30.